My opinion on the matter however, is slightly less chipper. SO many things went wrong it's ridiculous.
Here are just a few things that went wrong (I will elaborate more on the day later).
- Most of the flowers died, and my bouquet froze in the hotel fridge. My MIL was in charge of doing all of the flowers, and had to scatter around town looking for replacements the Friday before, and the day of the wedding.
- It was pouring cats and dogs off and on ALL day, with periodic breaks of sunshine. None of which occurred DURING the ceremony (the sunshine that is), but 30 minutes afterwards. Our ceremony ended up being inside.
- The curl in my hair didn't even last until the hair/makeup girls left, so it looked like crap for the wedding.
- They had to re-do my mom's hair THREE times because they could not do what she was asking for, even though they claimed they could.
- Lots of things were missing at the reception-including 90% of my guestbook pages, so only 20ish people filled out pages out of 75.
- The photographer was 4+ hours late. Wasn't really sure when he was going to show up, one day he said 10:45am, then Friday he said 1:00pm. He showed up at 4:30. Wedding started at 5:30pm and we still had to do bridal party photos.
- All of the photos were VERY rushed.
- We didn't get ANY detail photos taken, which were very important to me because there were so many little details I wanted captured. Luckily one of my bridesmaids does photography as a hobby and took a few pictures for me of our rings and stuff before our actual photographer showed up! THANKS ASHLEY!
- The wedding cake had black frosting, and most of our guests mouths and teeth were nasty after eating it.
- The cake was gross, looked nice, but gross (at least I was not impressed).
- It was also melting, and the cake topper was SINKING into the top of the cake. They lady added NO supports whatsoever. Our cake topper weighs a pound!! And she knew this beforehand.
- Cake Massacre! The venue ruined the top of our cake. It looked like they put it in the box, and threw it on the floor. When we got back to the hotel, I opened it to find my cake topper smashed down inside the middle of the cake, and the cake itself spread all over the inside of the box. No anniversary cake for us!
- The venue forgot a lot of small details that they said they would provide... like table numbers! Luckily Zac's brother's wife took care of it!
And sorry for the wonky picture arrangement....blogger is not my friend today....
|Seriously...my hair looks like crap.|
|After our bridal party entrance...|
|Taking more pictures, while hiding from the rain.|
You can see behind us where we were SUPPOSED to get married! BOO!