Monday, March 15, 2010

Find the right track...

I have failed to tell you that we did not close yet. Not on the 5th when we were orginally supposed to. Not on the 10th, the date they changed it to and ASSURED us we would be closing on. Now we are set to close this Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day.

I hope.

So why did we not close the other two times they promised? Well.. some people don't know how to do their jobs properly. The first time it was postponed was because the bank "did not know" they were supposed to pay some certain portions of our closing costs. The second time, was because some extrememly special person filed the deed to the property with the county courthouse instead of with the titleing company, so the titleing company had to wait for the courthouse to approve the deed. This process was estimated at 2-4 weeks. Luckily they got it done on the 2 week end, so we didn't have to wait until our lease was up and we were sleeping on the streets to close.

Now the fun starts. You know all the work I said we needed to do?? Instead of 3 weekends to work on it, we now have 1, leaving the last weekend of this month to move all of the larger furniture and tidy up the rental a bit so we can get our ridiculous deposits back. 

Sit tight. My lack of patience is kicking in and will make for some interesting posts....

On another note- I made a chalkboard out of an ugly photo I found at Goodwill a couple weeks ago. I forgot to take before pictures, and still need to spray paint another coat, but I will share the finished product with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment