Thursday, October 27, 2011

No more IV!

Age: 18 days
Gestational Age: 30 weeks 4 days

Rylee's IV was taken out on Tuesday the 25th. Her little arm looks so much better without all that tape and tubes coming out of it! It's so much easier for me to hold her to because I don't have to worry about hurting her little arm.

She is up to 22cc's of breast milk today, and tonight will be getting 22 calories added into her milk so she can fatten up!! Since she is no longer receiving fluids and nutrients through the IV, they have to add protein supplements to the milk so she gets enough calories.

I got to give her a bath for the first time (my first time, not her first bath) on Tuesday as well. She HATED it. But it was so cute! She squirmed her little body ALL over the place and cried almost the entire time. I felt bad for making her mad, but it was so cute!

In the next week or two, we should be able to start dressing Rylee in tiny little baby clothes and her nasal cannula might come out! The clothes have to be one piece button front with holes for the feet, or those layette dress things so there is room for the leads to come out. I'm not sure how everything is going to fit her, but I'm bringing some clean ones tonight to compare. :) I'm also bringing some of her small blankets so she has some cute stuff in her Isolette!

No comments:

Post a Comment