Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Deets Part 1- The Overall Concept

Now don't get me wrong... I know I sound like Negative Nancy pants on here... but I really AM excited to be getting married! I just envisioned the process going a little differently, and going more smoothly than it has been.

So let's talk positive wedding things!

When are we getting married?
April 16th, 2011 (SOON!)

Where are we getting married?
The Clubs at Quantico- Quantico Marine Corps Base

Wedding colors?
Red, black and white. So creative!

Theme?
No theme really. I wanted our apparel to be 1930's inspired, so my dress is as close as I could find to that Hollywood Glam style without being super poofy, and the guys are wearing modern Zoot Suits (more on the clothing later!). I'm excited. Everything else is really just pieces of us spread throughout the venue (skulls-Zac, Damask patterns-me).

Cake/Cake Topper?
HA! Prepare to be confused/concerned/question our sanity and taste...

We got our cake topper from http://www.goreydetails.net/ for $20.00. This is where the skulls come in! But I like it too...
It's a pretty hefty cake topper! It's solid and sturdy though, so it will definitely last for a long time as long as one of us (aheeeem *me*) doesn't drop it.

The wedding cake is going to be 3 layers in a pentagon (I think) shape with Damask flourishes on each side, and ribbon lining the bottom of each layer. I was trying to find some pretty silk ribbon with skulls on it, but I haven't been able to find any I like, so we may just go with plain black or red ribbon.

Each tier is going to be different flavors with different fillings!
Top: Red velved with Bailey's Irish Cream filling
Middle: German Chocolate with Pecan filling
Bottom: Lemon cake with a raspberry filling

DELISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment